cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Build - your job cannot be distributed because there is no agent defined in your environment

sahil_shaikh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am unable to trigger the automation in SAP Build Process Automation when the project is deployed. In test mode, the automation is working without issues. When I release and deploy the process, the automation job is stuck with the following error: "your job cannot be distributed because there is no agent defined in your environment" (screenshot attached)

- I've made sure the desktop agent is in 'unattended' mode and idle status
- the agent is registered with the project, since that's how I am able to run tests without issues
- checked this guided answer already, resolution provided is the same as above two points

Additionally,

- I am following this Learning Journey for SAP Build Process Automation

- using SAP BTP Trial Account and free subscription for SAP Build Process Automation

Edit:

1. Solution found. The agent had to be added in the Agent Management page of SAP Build.
2. Navigation path: SAP Build -> Settings -> Agents (left-side panel) -> Agent Management

Appreciate the community's support in finding a resolution!

View Entire Topic
Chaitanya_Priya
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

sahilshaikh

Please cross-check with the tutorial on the Agent settings.

There can be 2 reasons for this issue apart from the solutions provided above by the colleagues1. Hope the Desktop Agent version that you have mentioned in your project is equal or higher than the one that is installed in your system.2. Do you have quota for unattended automation?

sahil_shaikh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response Chaitanya. The error was resolved by adding the agent in the Agent Management view of SAP Build.