cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP CALM: availability alarm for on premise systems on netweaver

denny-k
Participant

Hello everyone.

Am I right when i look on the page (link below) that there is no way in SAP Cloud ALM to send an unavailability alarm? The only thing I see there is the availability of a Hana DB service. But I don't see a monitoring of services of an on-premise system with netweaver as an example. So do you have to make your own script and run it on the host or something like that?

Health Monitoring - Content (sap.com)

View Entire Topic
amontella96
Active Contributor

Hi denny-k I maintain my promises and I have asked about system availability during ALM call. They are saying to use Synthetic monitoring which looks too much of an headache 😞 ... NOT working on it 🙂 ...Instead, i have created a job that runs RSRFCPIN testing the destination i want to monitor and trigger alert+event+email for the system not reachable, cheaper and easier solution... 🙂

denny-k
Participant

Thank u! then i will also find a solution.. 🙂

Martin1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amo, can you elaborate on how you achieved that?

Thanks.

amontella96
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi juanmartin.andrade happy to do that, do be clear, you need to know how to schedule a job that runs RSRFCPIN testing the destination OR the related CALM monitoring ... or BOTH? let me know and i'll append here. ty!A

Vignesh_Sridhar
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Amo,

I am looking for availability alarms in CALM for our S/4 on-prem application. Can you please let me know how you managed to configured in CALM?

I understand, SAP is introducing availability checks in Q4 2023. But, we have few live systems which are onboarded in CALM. So, I would like to explore the option you suggested.

Thanks in advance!!

amontella96
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi srivig01

pre-requisite, you have two abap backend systems and :

- without any custom modifications, you CALM monitor a job that run RSRFCPIN against another abap backend system

- creating a copy of RSRFCPIN, you can insert a line that creates a sys log which you can CALM monitor in integration and exceptions

about availability checks in Q4, let me read what is going on 🙂

Let me know if you need more details (i have never created a blog bcz of lack of requests)

cheers!A