Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Data Intelligence to SAP BW on premises connectivity

satishkumar1
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

I'm tyring to connect from SAP BW on prem to SAP DI on cloud.

BW Onprem Netweaver version is 7.5 SP 21. Do we need install any add on software like SLT or DMI to extract data?

We have configured the cloud connector and from cloud connector on prem system is reachable but when i created an ABAP connection in SAP DI it is throwing as unauthorizaed error even though i have full system access.

My first query is we need to extract data from BW from the table path /bi0/pmaterial, for this purpose do i need to go for ABAP connection or BW connection in SAP DI Cloud.

View Entire Topic
yogananda
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

satishkumar1

For the BW on prem to SAP DI on cloud connectivity, you need to use an ABAP Connection. You do not need to install any additional software like SLT or DMI. You just need to configure the Cloud Connector for the BW On-Prem system to be accessible from the SAP DI Cloud instance. Once you have configured the Cloud Connector, you can create an ABAP Connection in SAP DI Cloud and specify the credentials of the BW On-Prem system. You should also ensure that the user has the required authorization to access the table path (e.g. /BI0/PMATERIAL) that you want to extract data from.

satishkumar1
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI Muthaiah,

We have raised an OSS note and SAP confirmed that we need to have DMIS addon installed and we have done that. But due to BW old version we have installed DMIS 2011 SP23 version and now SAP is recommending to use ODP framework to extarct data from BW. Now our BW team are working like to expose the tabular data as odata and i'm searching the blogs like how to call odata api from SAP DI. Could you please help me on this?