Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP DEVELOPER LICENSE for SAP Cloud SDK for Java

sam1998
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am developing an application along with an SAP Odata connector in Java. We want to create GET requests for standard and custom SAP Odata APIs using the pre-generated clients and the Odata generator maven plugin provided by the SAP Cloud SDK for Java to fetch data from the SAP S4Hana. The end goal is to fetch, transform, map, and upload the data fetched from the API calls to an external storage.

My Question -

The SAP Cloud SDK for Java is closed source and the libraries are distributed under the SAP Developer License. As per the SAP Developer License agreement, mass data extraction is prohibited. I am not able to find any costing plans or other information related to the use of SAP Cloud SDK for the development of enterprise-scale applications. Can anyone please suggest whether there is any licensing fee for SAP Cloud SDK for Java or whether it can be used free of cost?

NOTE: My current organization under the trademark of which I am developing the application falls under the SAP Partner Edge program.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Soham Chakrabarti

View Entire Topic
Junjie
Advisor
Advisor

Hi sam1998 ,

Thanks for reaching out.

I'm the PO of the SAP Cloud SDK.

By reading the details of the license, it seems you are right.

Nevertheless, I'm not an legal expert, so I cannot provide accurate answer to that.

Therefore, you might want to contact the legal/license department for the definition of "mass data extraction".

Here is the support portal.

A good news for you is, we are going to be open sources soon (planned in this year), which might be another alternative.

Best regards,

Junjie

sam1998
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Junjie Tang,

Thank you for your response. If feasible can you please share an approximate time when we can expect the SAP Cloud SDK to be released as open-source? It will help us a lot in planning from our side.

Thanks and Regards,

Soham Chakrabarti

Junjie
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Soham Chakrabarti,

As mentioned, the release has been planned for this year.

Since this is also a major version bump, I cannot promise anything about more detailed timeline.

Thank you for your understanding.

BR,

Junjie