cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA XSA Error: service access-db not found; the service definition does not exist.

TomF
Explorer

Hi there, I'm trying to build a .hdbgrants but it fails with the message "(HDB) Error: service access-db not found; the service definition does not exist."

This is what my hdbgrants file looks like.

And this is what my mta.yaml file looks like

When I look at the console output I notice two strange things...

First it says that no instance will be created for the contained external resources.

Secondly it says that there is only 1 service replacement while there are 2 defined in the .yaml file.

And this is the error

Anyone having/had the same issue or notices anything faulty.

All help is much appreciated.

View Entire Topic
thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>First it says that no instance will be created for the contained external resources.

That's perfectly normal. You are saying these are existing-services based upon the resource type and therefore the Web IDE shouldn't try creating them again.

Overall I believe this is a bug in the Web IDE. I've encountered (and reported it) as well. When you have multiple service replacements, the Web IDE only injects one into the service binding. The workaround is to not use the service replacement name in the hdbgrant, but the actual target service name. This can get messy if you are dealing with dynamically generated service names (because they are created by the Web IDE at build time). However since you are using existing services, its really not that big deal to use the actual target service name in the hdbgrant.

LuizGomes
Participant

I have the same problem with BAS

service create instance but not found