Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IQ - Disaster Recovery Options

kairi2210
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are in a phase on setting up DR environment for our soon to be installed Sybase IQ in Production system (Already installed DEV)
I saw one similar questions regarding to this but it was in 2014.
(Disaster Recovery Options for SAP IQ | SAP Community)

I am aware about two solutions but I wonder if there is any other ways and guide on doing so in 2023?

Tsuruya

View Entire Topic
RolandKramer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello kairi2210

kairi2210as my colleague markmumy already stated in earlier times, this is the way to go forward.

as an additional option, the implementation of a standby Database would also considerable. Hyperscalers like Azure or Amazon allow also HW based DR/HA options for database.

Hence, mshafiq stated they want to implement a Solution, it would be interesting which way the used at the end.

Best Regards Roland

kairi2210
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Ronald,
Thank you for your replies.
i am aware about this matter related to the KBA below

2566083 - How to keep a Simplex Disaster Recovery (DR) site up-to-date - SAP IQ - SAP ONE Support Launchpad

About Virtual Backup, I am aware about these 2 types of backup ( Encapsulated and Decoupled )
From my understanding,

Encapsulated requires user to copy IQ Store files to DR site in advance before execute the SQL commands that includes the full backup scriptshell. From here catalogs and metadata will be backed up.
And take the file generated to DR site, restore as normal.
( If my understanding is wrong, please enlighten me )

But for decoupled
Unlike Encapsulated,
I understood that we need to execute the virtual commands first before move the IQ Store files to DR site.
Am i correct?
Below is what i understood

1. Execute the decoupled virtual SQL commands ( not including the full backup script ) , files will be generated.

2. After the file is generated from above command, we move the IQ Store file to DR site.

3. Next is we run the command for incremental backup.

4. Restore the backup and also the incremental.

If possible can you explain this in laymann's term? Are both of the types requires user to copy the iq store before doing the backup?

Kairi