cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Mobile Services and On-Premise

Mathys
Explorer

Good morning,

Currently we're using Fiori with all our apps being online, but we're moving towards needing offline capabilities on one of our custom apps.

As the oData services live in our on-premise systems, is it actually possible to use Mobile Services to deploy an offline app that will consume our current oData without needing to pass via the Cloud?

Unfortunately a lot of the blogs that I read seems to use cloud sample datasets as examples, so the concepts for an on-premise solution isn't very clear.

Thanks

Thys

View Entire Topic
0 Kudos

Hi Mathys,

The challenge you're running into is a common one. An on-prem SAP system working with offline mobile requires the SAP cloud connector which, to your point, requires passing through the cloud. Luckily there are other approaches that CAN achieve the functionality you're looking for. Check out the EdgeReady Cloud by Pillir. It's a low-code platform with a native on-prem plugin which accelerates the development of web and mobile apps in any connectivity landscape. Admittedly I'm biased, but it really is the simplest solution to what you're looking to achieve.

Mathys
Explorer
0 Kudos

Good morning Daniel,

Thank you for your reply. We're using Cloud Connector for development on SAP WebIDE at the moment and I think we all know that at some point we'll have to use the cloud for data transfers. We're just trying to see what else will help us until we get there.