Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI file receiver adapter does not use temporary file name

jeremylaan
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have an issue with my file receiver adapter where my use temporary file name configuration doesn't seem to result in the creation of temporary file names judging from the message monitor logs.

I have configured the Receiver File channel with Write mode as 'Use Temporary File' with a temporary file name scheme 'temp.xml' and Empty-Message Handling set to 'Write Empty File'. See screenshot below.

When I execute the scenario, I expect the file to be written in the target directory as the temporary filename, and then when processing is done I expect to see the filename as is configured in the target tab. However there is no mention of the temporary file in the message monitor whatsoever, the system just seems to ignore my temporary filename configuration. See picture below (whited out some client info).

I've checked the cache monitor and the value for file.writedirectly is set to NO so I don't think the issue is cache related. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I feel like the mistake should be very basic as there is not much configuration possible for the temporary file in NFS but in the SAP documentation or online I can't find any explenation.

Thanks a bunch!

View Entire Topic
JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You might want to use XPI Inspector to look under the hood here. Use Example 50 and specify your receiver file channel.

Could very well be that temp file name was not used but could also be that temp file isn't something that occurs in the audit log

Cheers

Jens

jeremylaan
Discoverer

Thank you Jens, it does seem like the temp file is created when I analyse with the XPI inspector!

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ok, so it seems the audit log omit the temp file for reasons of brevity then... Good to know 🙂