Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Web IDE trial verification not working

ABAPMarty
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When I try to start a trial version of SAP Web IDE, there is a verification process on my phone. The problem is that none of the text messages the system it claims sent me arrived and when I ask for a phone call verification the phone call doesn't happen either.

It is for this URL

https://account.hanatrial.ondemand.com/

This is what the screen looks like:

Any help on this would be appreciated. horst.keller I know this is not your area but maybe you could tag someone who could help me?

Regards, Martin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Is this for a brand new trial account? I think SAP have phased out WebIDE from the new trial accounts. My 'preexisting' trial works fine without 2FA, just on an email and password.

Thanks,

greg

ABAPMarty
Participant
0 Kudos

Former Member to be honest I am not sure. I tried to do this a few months ago and it didn't work. Went back today and tried again, still not working. It goes to this screen automatically so I can't try to do anything else.

ABAPMarty
Participant
0 Kudos

The system would not send me a phone call verification because of the spaces in my phone number. This is despite the fact that when you enter the number without spaces when you press the "Request New Code" button if formats your phone number to have spaces in it. This makes no sense but is what I experienced.

I have been able to register for a trial system. It is a bit of a shock to the system that it is a 30 day trial but apparently that is extendable for another 365 days.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

boris_tsirulnik
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please see this blog regarding WEB IDE Trial phase out:

https://blogs.sap.com/2020/08/20/sap-web-ide-trial-update/

Regards,

Boris

ABAPMarty
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi boris.tsirulnik

Sorry I left this for a while but I am picking it up again now.

I appreciate the post about the phase out of SAP Web IDE.

BUT

I am still stuck on the same page - this is from the 27th of March to now, about a month and a half. How do I find someone that could help me with getting off the page I am stuck on? I sent a message to the SAP Support centre and this was their response: "For the training certificate related issue, you can reach out to our education center to check further ." Meaning they clearly did not read my request for help or simply did not understand it. Who can I contact that would actually help me?

And where does the phase out leave people studying for their Fiori certification which will probably ask questions about the SAP Web IDE?

boris_tsirulnik
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

The access to Web IDE trial is completely blocked now and you can switch to productive account or to BAS trial. The BAS trial covers all the Fiori development functionality that was available in SAP Web IDE.

The login problem you are facing is not really related to SAP Web IDE. It looks like a login problem to BTP cockpit. You should be able to login to cockpit before you can access any of the service. I suggest to redirect the access issue to cockpit issues.

In any case I will also contact the colleagues internally and make sure they are aware of this access issue.

Regards,

Boris

RazK
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi martin.coetzee2 ,

According to our logs, your telephone is verified.

Please try to login to SAP BTP trial and advise if the verification status exists or not.

Regards - Raz

RazK
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi martin.coetzee2 ,

Were you able to register to SAP BTP? Launch SAP Business Application Studio?

Regards - Raz

ABAPMarty
Participant

Hi raz.korn, thanks for checking in. Yes I did eventually get to register the trial version. I got in touch with a support person online and they helped me.

They helped me escape the phone verification screen. Once that was okay I could register properly.

Appreciate your follow up on this.

Regards, Martin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Martin,

Have you tried any other subscription or service? There was no BTP until last month. If you have another phone number/email combination you could try that. I do agree your issue is pretty annoying but SAP want you to use BAS when IDE was used in the past, so I wouldn't expect them to bend backwards to support this. Always happy to stand corrected.

Cheers,

greg

ABAPMarty
Participant

Former Member thanks for your comments. I understand that SAP wants us to use BAS and therefore doesn't feel the need to support the SAP Web IDE but what about those of us studying for a Fiori certification? That is the reason I want to use the IDE. It seems ridiculous that I don't have access to a demo system so that I can study for my certification outside of work hours.

But that isn't the main problem. It is that no matter what I do I end up on this verification page which I am stuck on. It really seems like the design of this process was very half hearted. I have no way to move forward. I thought posting here would help but apart from your response all I've heard is crickets.