Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup email alerts and where to check email history in HANA cockpit 2.0

yuyukyi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am setting up email alerts for daily instance backup in HANA cockpit 2.0 as per our customer request. Our customer would like to receive daily email that whether daily backup is successful or fail. As our customer SAP are running on version 10 HANA so the scheduled backup setup from HANA cockpit 2.0. I have setup email alert for daily backup in cockpit but I don't receive the email alerts upon backup is successful or fail. I checked the server is able to reached to email server but I am still not receiving the email notification from cockpit. Hence, please advise if there is any note I can follow how to check email history in cockpit 2.0 or any note to follow to configure any additional step to configure in order to receive the email. For now, I am following SAP HANA Administration with SAP HANA Cockpit. Actually, it is simple to setup email configuration however email still not receive. 

Thank you

View Entire Topic
HakanHaslaman
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

To set up email alerts and check email history in HANA Cockpit 2.0, you can follow these steps:

Log in to the SAP HANA Cockpit and Navigate to the "System Overview" page. Click on the "Alerts" tile, then click on the "Configure Email" button. This will open the "Email Configuration" dialog.
In the "Email Configuration" dialog, enter the SMTP server details and the email address where you want to receive the alerts and click on the "Test Email Configuration" button to send a test email. If the test email is sent successfully, you will receive a confirmation message. Save it.
Now, you can configure the alerts that you want to receive by email - go back to the "Alerts" page and click on the "Configure Alerts" button. In the "Alert Configuration" dialog, select the alerts that you want to receive by email and click on the "Save" button.

To check the email history:

Log in to the SAP HANA Cockpit - navigate to the "System Overview" page and click on the "Alerts" tile. Click on the "Email History" button - on the "Email History" page, you can see the history of the emails that have been sent.

If you are still not receiving the email alerts, you may need to check the following:
- Make sure that the SMTP server is configured correctly and is working properly.
- Check if the email address where you want to receive the alerts is correct and is able to receive emails.
- Check if the alerts are configured correctly and are triggered when the backup is successful or fails.
- Check if there are any errors in the email history. If there are any errors, they may give you a clue about what is going wrong.