cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager 7.2 - Actual Alerts as per defined Frequency

0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

My query is regarding any monitoring object running at a certain frequency. Say suppose, Mon. Obj, A is running every 1 hour and in 24 hours hours, it is expected to run 24 times (Actual no. of alerts) - Irrespective of Green/Yellow/Red.

A) Is there any setting to activate the view ? of actual alert as against the frequency configured in monitoring object

B) Is there any related dashboard, which can capture this view for all the configured/activated monitoring objects?

Your suggestions / recommendations will be highly appreciated.

Regards

Mahesh

View Entire Topic
garethquaile
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Mahesh,

I apologize in advance if my interpretation of question A. is incorrect however I would like to try better understand it to better answer your query.

In this instance, do you have a Monitoring object which is collecting hourly but not raising an alert every hour for a yellow or red rating? If this is the case and you would like to be Alerted for every single instance of the Alert then you can disable Alert Grouping to be alerted every time a red rating is returned. To do this you can follow these steps:

1. Go to the Object Administration and navigate to the configured Monitoring Object
  2. Navigate to the "Further Settings" tab
  3. Enable checkbox "Do not Group Individual Occurrences"
  4. Generate and Activate the Monitoring Object again

Otherwise, if it is the case my interpretation is incorrect, can you please further expand on the query and I will try to answer.

Best Regards,

Gareth