Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution manager upgrade from 7.1 to 7.2

sujit_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We are willing to upgrade Solution manager from 7.1 to 7.2.

Going through Upgrade guide for the same, it states that "As of SAP Solution Manager 7.2 SPS 9, the ABAP and Java stacks are based on different SAP NetWeaver releases: the ABAP stack on SAP NetWeaver 7.4 and the Java stack on SAP NetWeaver 7.5" .

Is it necessary to have Java stack or can it be optional? This is not clarified anywhere in the guide.

I'm planning to move it from Oracle DB to Sybase since it comes as a free license (I read this in a blog at SCN).

Please let me know if using ABAP stack only is good enough with SolMan 7.2 with Syabse as DB (since it doesn't support MCOD and we are not willing to have additional hardware and separate DB for having Java stack).

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Sujit

View Entire Topic
k-w
Advisor
Advisor

Hello Sujit,

the product definition of SAP Solution Manager 7.2 includes an ABAP and a Java system. Although they need to be installed separately, both of them are required in order to have a complete installation and for your SAP Solution Manager 7.2 to be fully supported by SAP.

I hope this answers your question.

Best regards,
Konstantin

mohamedali_s
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could you please send me the presentation concerning the upgrade for Sap Solution Manager to 7.2

Thank you & have a nice day.