cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source CDS metadata incorrect with Replication Flow

MattRogers
Explorer

I am trying to replicate a CDS object call I_BPCONTACT. It supports Data Extraction and Deltas

@EndUserText.label: 'Business Partner Contact'

//@Analytics.dataCategory: #DIMENSION //or #CUBE or #FACT
@Analytics: {
dataCategory: #DIMENSION,
dataExtraction: {
enabled: true,
delta.changeDataCapture: {
automatic: true
}
}
}

I can see that the metadata of the view has two fields of type DATS (ValidityEndDate/StartDate)

When I create the Replication flow - the ValidityEndDate/StartDate fields are brought across as strings - in fact all fields are brought across as strings

I can't change the source field data type within the Replication Flow and I can't map it into a Date field on the Target table as it complains the fields are incompatible.

When I try and run the Replication flow it errors saying that it cannot convert the values of the ValidityEndDate/StartDate columns

The data looks fine in the CDS from SE11 and I have tested the replication process using program RODPS_REPL_TEST from transaction SE38 successfully.

It looks to me that the metadata of the I_BPCONTACT CDS is not being transferred/read correctly leading to the date fields being identified as Strings but I'm not sure what I can then do about it?

Any suggestions gratefully received.

View Entire Topic
Jonathan_Haun
Participant
0 Kudos

I am having the exact same issue. The meta data support from CDS views in general is frustrating. When you replicate remote tables, it ignores the "@EndUserText: {label: " unless you first cast the column to break the base table metadata label. For Replication flows, it completely ignores the "@EndUserText:" {label: and sets the business and technical name to the same values. I'll try to get SAP's attention on this one... See if we can get an update.