0 Kudos

Hello,

We've noticed that our SCC (version 3.2.7) will not start on out

test

SUP

2.2.2 system. We've recently patched from 2.2.1 to 2.2.2 but we

are unsure if this is related, since it was fine before the upgrade. From the

logs. In the Agent.log We see these errors:

Messaging provider failed to fully start.

013-03-29 13:18:31,901 [ERROR] [plugin.PluginRegisterService                 ] [Agent Bootstrap Thread] - Failed to register plugin com.sybase.uep.admin.agent.plugin_2.0.0. Failed to start MessageSender. com.sybase.alert.message.api.ConnectionException: javax.naming.NamingException:

Caused by: com.sybase.djc.SystemException: Error: Connecting to host: localhost, port: 2100.

| at com.sybase.djc.rmi.iiop.client.Connection.init(Connection.java:624)

| at com.sybase.djc.rmi.iiop.client.Connection.getInstance(Connection.java:70)

We restarted all services and rebooted the servers several times but still it does not work.

I attached the SCC logs and the SUP logs for your analysis

thanks,

any help is appreciated

View Entire Topic
markteichmann
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

After our upgrade the SUP management Port was changed automatically from 2000 to 2001. After log in to SCC I could change it back to 2000 and I could connect again to the SUP Server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

the problem is that, SCC services are not starting at all, other services are fine, therefore I can not even log in to SCC as You did.

Fiston

rupambhatta
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Fiston,

I am also facing the exact same issue. SCC service does not even start. Did you find any solution to this?

Regards,

Rupam

bob_gallo58
Participant
0 Kudos

When you say "SCC Does not start" are you talking about the  SCC Service, correct?

Do you see any info in the  logs located at \SCC-3_2\log dir?

rupambhatta
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yes, I am referring to SCC windows service.

Please see the SCC agent log attached.

bob_gallo58
Participant
0 Kudos

I see this in the agent  log, seems your messaging server did not start, Any info in the Windows Event viewer?

2013-06-17 12:08:03,684 [ERROR] [alert.AlertService                           ] [Agent Bootstrap Thread] - Failed to start MessageSender: javax.naming.NamingException:

Caused by: com.sybase.djc.SystemException: Error: Connecting to host: localhost, port: 2100.

Sybase Control Center Ports

Ports used by Sybase Control Center services, default assignments, and protocols.
RMI service
TCP/IP
Messaging service
TCP/IP
SCC repository database server
TDS
Web container
HTTP
HTTPS