cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table AUTHX_ATTR is not in nametab, during "heterogeneous" TR import

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This question is answered, but of course valuable comments are welcome.

I'm importing a transport request which contains only classic development objects, from ABAP 7.58 to ABAP 7.52, especially authorization objects, and I'm getting this error:

• Table AUTHX_ATTR is not in nametab

Sandra_Rossi_0-1711189610043.png

Text format:

• (message ID TW674) Start import R3TRAUTHZXXXXXXX ...
  • (No message ID) different nametabs for table AUTHX (field ACTVT_FLAG).
  • (message ID TW109) Table AUTHX_ATTR is not in nametab
  • (No message ID) no entries for AUTHX_ATTR will be imported in this step.

Questions:

1. What does that mean? Are these objects imported or not? If yes will there be issues with these objects?
  2. What is the feature lost due to AUTHX_ATTR not imported?
  3. Is there a way to avoid this error in the future? (maybe while exporting from ABAP 7.58)

Sandra

View Entire Topic
Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Questions:

1. What does that mean? Are these objects imported or not? If yes will there be issues with these objects?
  2. What is the feature lost due to AUTHX_ATTR not imported?
  3. Is there a way to avoid this error in the future? (maybe while exporting from ABAP 7.58)

Answers to the questions above:

1. The message TW109 ("Table &1 is not in nametab") indicates a database table &1 whose data is contained in the transport request but doesn't exist in the import system. 
    • Concerning development objects, it may happen if the export and import systems have different versions/support packages. In the points 5 and 6 of the note 556734 - FAQ Transport: Setup and further information - SAP for Me, one can see that "such transports are technically possible, but inconsistencies can occur", and they are documented in notes often labeled "Transports between release A and B". Note that the last notes I could find were about the release 7.02/7.31 (so, it's old), and there can be inconsistencies in both directions, new to old and old to new.
    • One can see in the previous log line which object type is concerned (here, an object of type AUTH).
    • You may see in the transaction code SOBJ which tables are related to the AUTH object type (this is called the "piece list"). In ABAP 7.52 you can see only the table AUTHX, but in ABAP 7.58 you can see both tables AUTHX and AUTHX_ATTR.
    • AUTHX_ATTR concerns a feature which is lost in ABAP 7.52, the point is to know if the lost feature will alter the expected behavior of the imported application, so what is important is to know what feature contains the table AUTHX_ATTR.

2. The table AUTHX_ATTR is updated when an authorization field is maintained via the transaction SU20 and it contains the last modification date and time. As per my tests, there's nothing lost, the message can be simply ignored.

3. Officially, no. I guess that deleting the corresponding lines from the table AUTHX_ATTR before the export can avoid the error, but it's more robust to keep them and be informed that the import will produce the error message which can be ignored.
Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
NB: the note https://me.sap.com/notes/41046 Table "XXX" does not exist in NTAB during import, but it doesn't describe any standard table and its solution only applies to custom tables.