cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tutorial Create a CAP Business Service with Node.js Using Visual Studio Code Step 8 and Step 9

AndreasMuno
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Tutorials: https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/cp-apm-nodejs-create-service.html
--------------------------

Thank you, rene.jeglinsky, chuergo16 , daniel.wroblewski , joshua.margo, for this beautiful tutorial!

I got successful to step 7, and thought I had accomplished step 8 with the persistent database. However, the cds appears to not catch the persistent database. It keeps referring to the in-memory database when entering
C:\Users\<myuserId>\my-bookshop>cds watch:

Before that, the command

C:\Users\<myuserId>\my-bookshop>C:\sqlite\sqlite3 db/my-bookshop.db -cmd .dump

appeared to work out with this set of tables getting created:

etcetera...

...ending with a successful looking

Where did things go wrong?

Is this why the custom logic for ordering books won't work? I'm getting a response code 204 "No content" and the stock of "Wuthering Heights" remains at 12.

Thank you.

View Entire Topic
gregorw
Active Contributor

Hi Andreas,

it seems that with CAP 7 the command

cds deploy --to sqlite:db/my-bookshop.db

doesn't update the package.json anymore. So it seems you need to follow the documentation Custom Configuration and add this manually to your package.json:

"cds": {
    "requires": {
      "db": {
        "kind": "sqlite",
        "impl": "@cap-js/sqlite",
        "credentials": {
          "url": "db/my-bookshop.db"
        }
      }
    }
  }

Then try again after you've added the custom logic of step 10.

Best Regards
Gregor

AndreasMuno
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thank you, gregorw , that insert got the cds watch to properly reflect the persistent database. I might be entering a separate question on the custom logic which still doesn't allow for the ordering of books, but will first perform a few more tests and try to figure things out. Thank you.