cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'ui5 serve' fails with 'Could not find resource /manifest.json in project'

slade_stewart
Explorer
0 Kudos

I'm working through the SAP FlexibleCustomLayout App tutorial ( https://sapui5.hana.ondemand.com/sdk/#/topic/c4de2df385174e58a689d9847c7553bd)

When, from the root of the project (in which if I do a 'ls' I see the folder 'webapp') I issue a 'ui5 serve' command, I get the error
Could not find required manifest.json for project wcm.wca.grc.eforms: Could not find resource /manifest.json in project wcm.wca.grc.eforms

The initial structure of my project comes from Step 1 of that tutorial, and everything looks 'like it should' to me (specifically, there is a 'webapp' folder with a 'manifest.json' in it, and also the ui5.yaml seems to indicate that webapp is the place for ui5 to look for stuff). ui5.yaml
specVersion: '3.0'

metadata: name: "wcm.wca.grc.eforms"type: applicationresources: configuration: paths: webapp: .I can't figure out why I'm getting this error or how I get past it; and I appreciate any help that could be offered.

slade_stewart
Explorer
0 Kudos

p.s. that webapp folder does have a 'manifest.json' file, and I've done all the 'foundational checking' in terms of things being 'named correctly' without typos, etc. Thanks!

View Entire Topic
FlorianVogt
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Slade,

we're already working on fixing this issue. For the time being please remove following part of the ui5.yaml

configuration: 
  paths:
    webapp: .