Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add an exteral URL in SAP Build apps using Inline frame

rakeshkar2514_8
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello All,

i am trying to add an external URL in one of the SAP Build apps using Inline Frame . So i am trying to add the URL in src properties but i am a blank screen while previewing the app in Web.

Please guide how to embed the URL.

View Entire Topic
mihaly-toth-nc
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello there,

It might very well happen that the external url that you are trying import requires javascript to show the content (e.g. Figma file, or Zoom call). However, the inline Frame in Build Apps is a 'sandboxed' environment, so you have to specify which capabilities do you wish to allow. 

Read about it more here: 
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/iframe#sandbox

PS, make sure to check the 'size' of the inline frame is being set, else it will default to the 300x150 sizing, which might not be the desired size. I strongly suggest using percentage values, or if it is a page-wide iframe, then the 'viewport.width' system variable.

rakeshkar2514_8
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mithaly,

I am trying to add a Datadog link in src section to display the values .Does it require javascript to open the URL and display the content on same page ?

mihaly-toth-nc
Explorer
0 Kudos
Well, me personally have no experience with Datadog, so possibly you could reach out to them as well. Or write more insight about your issue.
rakeshkar2514_8
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mithaly,
Ok leave the datadog part. Now i have added the URL in a html code and made that a hyperlink button as well.
When i am clicking the button,the URL and the content is not loading and i am getting a white screen only. Do i need to add some logic to load the URL in same page ? please suggest

rakeshkar2514_8
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mithaly, 

Ok leave the datadog part. Now i have added the URL in a html code and made that a hyperlink button as well.
When i am clicking the button,the URL and the content is not loading and i am getting a white screen only. Do i need to add some logic to load the URL in same page ? please suggest