Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add SAP HANA Cloud Platform system

knittedman007
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I am using Kepler on a Mac, but when trying to add a new cloud system I get:

com.sap.jpaas.infrastructure.console.exception.CommandException: Failed to find valid local port mapping

at com.sap.core.persistence.commands.tunnel.connection.DbTunnelManager.startTunnelClient(DbTunnelManager.java:78)

at com.sap.core.persistence.commands.tunnel.api.CommandTunnelHandler.openTunnel(CommandTunnelHandler.java:97)

at com.sap.cloud.tools.eclipse.hana.tunnel.ui.CloudSystemHelper.openTunnel(CloudSystemHelper.java:270)

at com.sap.cloud.tools.eclipse.hana.tunnel.ui.CloudSystemHelper.connectToSapSystem(CloudSystemHelper.java:327)

at com.sap.cloud.tools.eclipse.hana.tunnel.ui.CloudSystemConnectionWizard$1$1.call(CloudSystemConnectionWizard.java:87)

at com.sap.cloud.tools.eclipse.hana.tunnel.ui.CloudSystemConnectionWizard$1$1.call(CloudSystemConnectionWizard.java:1)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)

Caused by: java.io.IOException: Failed to find free local ports

at com.sap.core.persistence.commands.tunnel.connection.HanaSpecificHelper.remapIfRequired(HanaSpecificHelper.java:74)

at com.sap.core.persistence.commands.tunnel.connection.DBSpecificHelper.getLocalMappings(DBSpecificHelper.java:35)

at com.sap.core.persistence.commands.tunnel.connection.DbTunnelManager.startTunnelClient(DbTunnelManager.java:76)

... 9 more

This appears to be the same error Eric Farrar reported, but never resolved (other than switching to Windows, which I don't want to do).

Anyone else seeing this?

The odd thing is that this DID work once - but I decided (for various reasons) to delete the system I had added and re-add it - and now I am not able to.

The error is not very helpful - the 'Failed to find free local ports' doesn't mean much - is this a true TCP based port, or a file system port or something else?  Maybe the original definition I created left stuff lying around that was not cleaned up properly and is preventing the new attempt from working?  I have rebooted Eclipse and the Mac to no avail.  I have run as root (sudo) to see if it might have been a permission error.  I have tried in various network configs.  Nothing works.  I haven't gone as far as deleting Eclipse and reinstalling.

Preceding this error I successfully created a HANA trial in the cloud (trial.ondemand.com) and when I point at the trial system, it is accepting my account/user and password details.  It returns the current instance name in the drop down (myhanainstance in my case).  But when I click Finish I get the above error.

Help or suggestions much appreciated.

- chris

View Entire Topic
Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Behind the scenes it opens an SSL tunnel and tries to open the local port 3<xy>15, where <xy> is the HANA instance number. Please check if you have any of those ports in use by some other process on your Mac (e.g. by using nmap or http://support.apple.com/kb/PH10793). If that's not the case, hopefully should be able to provide more hints.

HTH!

--Vlado

knittedman007
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

hi

I tried to use Eclipse again to connect to my HANA instance and this time it worked just fine!

My guess is that (as Vladimir suggests) something else is possibly blocking the port (30015).  I don't know what was causing the trouble last time but now it seems OK.

I guess I need to keep an eye on the system to see what might be the problem.

Thanks for the suggestion - knowing about the port 30015 is helpful.

- chris

VikasLamba
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

See

Message was edited by: Vladimir Pavlov