Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create SAP HANA Cloud Instance in BTP Trial account

raj_trivedi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to follow many tutorials and this blog on how to setup and provision SAP Hana Cloud trial account. My accounts (global and subaccount) gets created (US Region) automatically while following the steps.

I cannot see any "dev" space created by default. Hence, unable to create any instance.

Different error is given when I try to create new instance from "Service Marketplace".

Here are my entitlements:

I've deleted and re-created my Trial account multiple times to reset the settings but did not make any difference. I can access Business Application Studio without any issues.

It seems it is not working properly because I have no inputs to make when I create the trial account.

Have you faced similar issue?

Would it be possible to guide me please?

Is the Free Tier account functioning as expected when created recently by someone?

Thank you in advance.

frankmeertens
Explorer

There seems to be a problem with the Trial environments. Having the same issue. Recreating trial environment did not resolve the problem.

capirewithsatyajit
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello thomas.jung,
Most of trial users are unable to view or create Dev space in trial account, Could you please help here.
Thanks,
Satyajit

AlexGourdet
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello capirewithsatyajit,

Please revising the first and last name for the user credential as it shouldn't be contained SAP on it.

It's opportunity for your to correct it; and participate within the community.

Regards,

Alex

View Entire Topic
raj_trivedi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

After a lot of struggle I was finally able to create an SAP HANA Cloud instance using the CLI. Very high level steps are below:

• Install Cloud Foundry CLI from this link. If you install version 8 then I think you will have to use cf8 to call cloud foundry commands.
  • Login to CLI using:
cf8 login
  • Use below command if you want to explore other options:
cf8 --help 

• Check if the space is already created using below command. By default on login you will be connected to default "dev" space.
"cf8 s"
OR "cf8 spaces"
  • Next, create Hana Cloud Service (this will be created under dev space). Follow the link. Memory cannot be more than 30 as we are using trial version. For trial account different plan has to be used as highlighted below:
cf8 create-service hana-cloud-trial hana <my_hana_db> -c '{ \"data\": {\"memory\": 30, \"systempassword\": \"<password>\"}}'
  • Once service is created, you will get a dashboard URL using which you can access the SAP HANA Cloud Central. (Note: If you cant login using your current password, reset the password on this screen. It seems the original login password doesn't work here)
  • If you want the URL again then use below command:
cf8 service <my_hana_db>

Surprisingly I was able to see dev spaces in SAP BTP Cockpit after performing all of these activities. Not sure if SAP fixed the issue or it somehow fixed the underlying problem.

Hope this solution works for everyone.

BR

Raj

shasankgupta24_bldr
Discoverer
0 Kudos
To create and administer SAP HANA Cloud instances using SAP HANA Cloud Central, you must subscribe to the SAP HANA Cloud tools plan((hana-cloud-tools) in your subaccount. This subscription grants you access to the SAP HANA Cloud multi-environment administration tools, which include SAP HANA Cloud Central, SAP HANA cockpit, and SAP HANA database explorer.