cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to deploy FIORI Project from Business Application Studio

Mohamed_Mukhtar
Active Contributor

Greetings experts,

I am encountering difficulties while attempting to deploy a project using Business Application Studio. The steps I am currently following are:

1. Creating a project using a template
  2. Opening a terminal window and running the commands "npm run deploy-config", while providing all necessary information, and then "npm run deploy".

Logs from BAS

info builder:custom deploy-to-abap Create Archive
info builder:custom deploy-to-abap Starting Deployment.
ERR! builder:custom deploy-to-abap Deployment Failed. You can re-run deployment with the following command to get more detailed log information:
ERR! builder:custom deploy-to-abap MacOs/Linux: DEBUG=ux-odata-client npm run deploy
ERR! builder:custom deploy-to-abap Windows: set DEBUG=ux-odata-client & npm run deploy

Regards

Mukhtar

View Entire Topic
former_member846077
Discoverer
0 Kudos

jlongie I receive the error messages below. In SICF we have the UI5 service activated and connections set up in BTP cockpit. Thank you in advance for you assistance.

After running script NPM RUN DEPLOY

ERR! builder:custom deploy-to-abap Please maintain correct credentials to avoid seeing this error
ERR! builder:custom deploy-to-abap (see help: https://www.npmjs.com/package/@sap/ux-ui5-tooling#setting-environment-variables-in-a-env-file)
info builder:custom deploy-to-abap The deployment destination requires authentication. Please enter your credentials below ERR! builder:custom deploy-to-abap Deployment Failed. You can re-run deployment with the following command to get more detailed log information: ERR! builder:custom deploy-to-abap MacOs/Linux: DEBUG=ux-odata-client npm run deploy ERR! builder:custom deploy-to-abap Windows: set DEBUG=ux-odata-client & npm run deploy

When I attempt to run the script set DEBUG=ux-odata-client & npm run deploy, I do not appear to get any different logs.

ui5-deploy.yaml file:

# yaml-language-server: $schema=https://sap.github.io/ui5-tooling/schema/ui5.yaml.json
specVersion: "2.4"
metadata:
name: Name
type: application
builder:
resources:
excludes:
- /test/**
- /localService/**
customTasks:
- name: deploy-to-abap
afterTask: generateCachebusterInfo
configuration:
target:
destination: Env
url:
credentials:
username: env:UI5_USERNAME
password: env:UI5_PASSWORD
app:
name: Z_Name
description: App
package: Z_Package
transport: Transport #

.env file:

UI5_USERNAME=Username
UI5_PASSWORD=Password
Mohamed_Mukhtar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lucas,

Please start a new thread. I am closing this one.

Regards

Mukhtar

jlongie
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Ensure the credentials is a aligned correctly. Indentation in yaml files are important.