cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Access to SAP Screen Personas Switchboard for UI5 Theme Selection?

eedens
Participant
0 Kudos

Is there a way for end-users to have access to the SAP Screen Personas Switchboard to select their own SAPUI5 Theme Version? So far in the documentation, I've found reference to changing it if you are using the Fiori launchpad, as well as mention of the SAPUI5 Configuration in the switchboard is only available to those with a flavor builder role. Is the UI5 theme part of that configuration? Or is there another way to access it in Slipstream without Fiori?

View Entire Topic
kmagons
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Elliott,

Happy New Year!

The Slipstream Engine switchboard menu is designed specifically for flavor builders to create and test flavors with different UI5 versions and themes before they are deployed as tiles in SAP Fiori launchpad. End-users should be able to switch the desired theme via the Launchpad appearance settings.

For standalone Slipstream Engine access via the sap/bc/se/m service, the desired UI5 theme can be pre-configured via the sap-theme URL parameter. For example, to use Slipstream Engine with the Evening Horizon theme add the following parameter to the URL:

/sap/bc/se/m/index.html?sap-theme=sap_horizon_dark

For more parameter values, please see the available UI5 themes here.

However, please mind that SAP Screen Personas flavors are typically built for a specific underlying SAP theme and may not appear correctly when a different UI5 theme is used.

Best regards,

Krists

eedens
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Krists, and Happy New Year to you as well! I'd designed the flavors to theme agnostic, so when we implement the FLP they'll be ready. In the meantime, it sounds like I'll be adding a menu with links for the users to change themes.