cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Management for native Android SAP Fiori Mobile App

0 Kudos

How to do User Management and Authentication for SAP Fiori Native Android app using SAP Cloud Platform SDK for Android

1. Add Users - So only users which are added can use this app

Which mechanism needed to achieve Authentication and User Management

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Implemented a basic native Android App using SAP Cloud Platform SDK for Android

View Entire Topic
BWomelsdorf
Advisor
Advisor

ssnil42 - Mobile Services doesn't provide user management per se. We actually delegate authentication of a user to the configured IDP. That being said, you should be able to use the "Access Control" feature to control access. One important thing to note is that this feature is designed to control access during authentication only. It's not an app level passcode, and the Access Control feature doesn't have any effect if the app is offline (where no authentication to the IDP occurs). Access Control feature is described here - https://help.sap.com/viewer/38dbd9fbb49240f3b4d954e92335e670/Cloud/en-US/ba05a601c7684475a1ccb78f1cc.... This specific content is Cloud Foundry specific. If you are using SAP hosting, the basic steps are as follows:

1. Ensure the Access Control feature is assigned to your mobile application definition. I think it's there by default.

2. Ensure "Enable Role Settings" is checked.

3. Enter the name of the role you want to authorize. Multiple roles are separated by commas.

4. Under SAP Cloud Platform > Security > Authorizations > Groups, create a group and specify appropriate IDP mapping information.

5. Under SAP Cloud Platform > Services > SAP Cloud Platform Mobile Services > Configure Mobile Services, create role with a name that matches the ones you entered in step 3.

6. Assign the Authorization Group to the role. This is the group you created in Step 4.

7. Repeat steps 4-6 as many times as necessary based on the number of roles you entered in step 3.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Thank you britt.womelsdorf, Using SAP Identity Provider got the solution

e_giunta
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Britt,

Thanks for your detailed explanation; I followed the same steps you described and the procedure works somehow even if it has a strange behaviour because if the user is assigned to the group the app loads normally (ok), if the user is not assigned the role he can log in but the app is loaded with an overlay above and is not clickable (however, no error message appears and the login is not blocked).

I develop a SAPUI5 app in NEO env built with the cloud build and it is an hybrid app.

Is there something I miss?

Thank you