cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using camera app on Windows 10 Tablet from SAPUI5 web app

Fahmaih
Participant
0 Kudos

On shopfloor we use rugged Windows 10 tablets (Getac T800) with SAP Fiori Client for our SAPUI5 logistic apps. In a new web application we use the UploadCollection (sap.m.UploadCollection) to upload photos from the tablet to our DMS. In desktop mode (in Google Chrome) the upload collection opens a FileOpenDialog to select a picture from the file system. On an Android device it opens a dialog window to choose either the camera app or the camera roll to take/select a picture. On the Windows 10 tablet I would expect the camera app, but it only opens the FileDialog.

Fiori Client and Edge browser have access to the camera (Chrome is a Win32 application) and the system is in tablet mode, but it does not care and always shows the FileDialog. Is this a problem in our configuration? How can we take pictures (not only one) directly from our SAPUI5 app, collect them and upload them together to our DMS in the backend system?

I have already tested some other web apps and its always the same behavior, except of this sample from microsoft:

https://support.microsoft.com/de-de/help/4028647/windows-open-the-camera-in-windows-10

This sample opens the camera app when we push the button in Edge and in Chrome. We need the same in our SAPUI5-App.

Thanks in advance for every help.

flotxi
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi, I am facing the same issue... Did you find any solution? Thanks and best regards, Florian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

flotxi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing the same issue... Did you find any solution?

Thanks and best regards, Florian

bert_furey3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Karsten,

Have you done any SAP UI5 bar code scanning apps using the GETAC T800? And if so can you share any of your insight?

Thanks,

Bert Furey

Fahmaih
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bert,

we moved to smaller Android devices (Honeywell CT60) and want to use these T800 only as forklift-terminals with external BT-scanner.

Regards,

Karsten

former_member227918
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

for single photo below one might helpful,

onSelectPicture: function (oEvent) { //from drive
 var oNav = navigator.camera;
 //var source = oNav.PictureSourceType.CAMERA; // from camera
 //var source = oNav.PictureSourceType.PHOTOLIBRARY; // from drive
  oNav.getPicture(fnsuccess, fnerror, {
    destinationType: oNav.DestinationType.FILE_URI,
    sourceType: source 
  });
}
Fahmaih
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply, I will check if this opens the camera app directly.

I have found out that the camera app is hidden in the OpenFileDialog in Windows 10. The camera is listed as a device in the hierarchy tree on the left side of the OpenFileDialog.