cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using HANA database in CloudFOundry trial account

Hi all,

I am currently working with a trial account on the CloudFoundry-based HANA Cloud Platform. I successfully developed and deployed a small Java application that uses the Postgres database from the service marketplace (I read the access credentials from the VCAP_SERVICES environment variable and then connect using JDBC).

Now, I want to use a HANA database instead of Postgres. Is this possible with a CloudFoundry trial account? In the service marketplace I can create an instance of the hanatrial service that creates a "HDI container on a HANA database". But when I try to access this from my application, the database connection cannot be established (it hangs forever). Am I missing anything? I am new to HANA and from some blog posts and documentation I got the impression that the hanatrial service does not provide a HANA database but does only enable a connection to an existing one. Is this correct? If yes, is it possible to get a HANA database with a trial account?

Thanks and best regards

Florian

pfefferf
Active Contributor

The usage of the hanatrial service is possible in a CF trial environment. Can you please share some further informations, e.g. did you create an MTA or just a Java app using the Java buildpack deployed to CF; how do do access the hana service in your Java app, ...

Regards,
Florian

boudhayan-dev
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

florianhaupt Did you manage to connect HANA to your Java app in CF Trial ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)