cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Job Scheduler to Schedule Flowgraph in HANA Cloud Foundry

celo_berger
Active Participant

Hello experts,

I'm using HANA 2.0 in Cloud Foundry. I've created a Flowgraph (fg_test.hdbflowgraph) in WEB IDE, and I'd like to schedule it using the SAP Cloud Platform - Job Scheduler tool.

I'm going through the help document but I can't seem to find a mention of how to schedule the flowgraph using this tool

https://help.sap.com/viewer/07b57c2f4b944bcd8470d024723a1631/Cloud/en-US/22c2df4d22cb4a05af4c9502a67...

This is what I see in my scheduler cockpit:

Jobs:

And under task I have the option to create a task, and when I click on the Application dropdown, I see my container, but I can't select the flow graph, and am not entirely sure what to do with it.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Marcelo

View Entire Topic
0 Kudos

Hi,

The scheduling of the flowgraph is not that straightforward to do. You will need to do the following:

1) Add a nodeJS module with xsjs support enabled to your mta project

2) Add the Job scheduler (JS) service as a resource in the mta.yaml

3) Bind the JS and your hdi container resource to the nodeJS module

4) Create a xsjs file, in the file, write a query to call your flowgraph (i.e. flowgraph = stored procedure) from the xsjs)

5) Deploy the nodeJS app

6) Copy the deployed app URL to the xsjs

7) In the Job Scheduling Service dashboard, create a job and paste the URL earlier into the action

😎 Once created, you can schedule it.

celo_berger
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Mark. We figured it out a while ago, but you've summarized the steps.

It truly isn't as straightforward as the XSC method, but once you understand the process, it makes sense.

Appreciate it!