cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using SAP CI/CD Service only, is it possible to separate build and release into two pipelines?

schevtso
Participant

Some of my non-SAP colleagues are so excited about this idea that they are using two different tools: Tekton for build and Argo CD for release. Inbetween, they are using Artifactory.

I was looking to implement something similar with the SAP CI/CD service. However, I can't find any documentation on how to download an MTA file from the Artifactory. Is that possible?

View Entire Topic
thorsten_duda
Explorer

Hello Sergei,

at the moment that is not possible.

schevtso
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for the quick reponse!

If I may ask a follow up question, do you think that it's a good idea to separate build and release into two pipelines?

thorsten_duda
Explorer

Hello Sergei,

it depends on your scenario and your requirements. We support in the service a similar scenario together with the Cloud Transport Management Service. Instead of deploying into a Cloud Foundry space, the application is uploaded to a Cloud Transport Management Service Node. This service takes care about the releasing resp. delivery of the application.

Or in other words, you separate the build pipeline and the delivery pipeline. The build pipeline releases into a repository as in your case and the delivery pipeline takes it from there for distribution.

schevtso
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for the great answer!