cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version issue with @sap/hdi-deploy 4.8.1

Rwitte
Participant

Hi experts,

not sure where else to report this, but we are currently having an issue with our CAP deployments to BTP.
We are using the mbt build functionality to do the deployment of our CAP service via MTA. As peristency layer we use HANA Cloud.
With the new version 4.8.1 that was published two hours ago we ran into the following dependency issue:

We manually downgraded back to 4.8.0 and everything works. However, this is a bit cumbersome. Could you please have a look at the issue in 4.8.1?

Best regards,
Raphael

mpah
Explorer
0 Kudos

Same Issue is happening here as well.

cabraldaniel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Same here.

cabraldaniel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Raphael!

How did you manually downgraded back to 4.8.0? We tried, without success through package-lock. Our package.json doesn't mention the hdi-deploy, its a dependency.

Rwitte
Participant

Hi cabral.daniel,

not sure if I used the easiert approach, but I used the package.json and package-lock.json from the db-deployer of the CAP service out of the mta and adjusted them.

Just use the attached two files (I needed to change them to a .txt file to upload them here) and place them in the "db" folder of your CAP service and run you mbt build again to create the mta. Then these are taken into account and the old version 4.8.0 is used again.

packagejson.txt

package-lockjson.txt

Hope this help you till the issue is fixed.

Best regards,
Raphael

cabraldaniel
Explorer
0 Kudos

It worked, Thank you!

jain_mrce1989
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you create new package and package lock files?

we already have these existing package files but dont have a reference to @sap/hdi-deploy in dependencies or scripts?

Does system support multiple package files?

Regards

Rohan

cabraldaniel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Based on this, I understood that the files sent by Raphael and put into db folder would take precedence to the specified packages inside it. So we could 'force' the version only for db-deployer.

jain_mrce1989
Discoverer
0 Kudos

and what about other dependencies in original package files?

those would still be considered?

Willem_Pardaens
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Resolved: New version 4.8.2 of the @sap/hdi-deploy module has been released a moment ago (https://www.npmjs.com/package/@sap/hdi-deploy/v/4.8.2). It should be picked up automatically if you revert your project back to before implementing manual fixes.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Willem_Pardaens
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

The SAP development team for the HDI Deployer has been notified of the issue. We'll let you know once a fix is available.

Rwitte
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi willem.pardaens,

thank you very much!

Best regards,
Raphael

Willem_Pardaens
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Resolved: New version 4.8.2 of the @sap/hdi-deploy module has been released a moment ago (https://www.npmjs.com/package/@sap/hdi-deploy/v/4.8.2). It should be picked up automatically if you revert your project back to before implementing manual fixes.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

mauriciolauffer
Contributor

Meanwhile, you can downgrade to v.4.8.0 which is working fine.

0 Kudos

Hi Mauricio, I have started to build a new Database Project from Template in BAS, but after doing so what you told to change in package,json file, I am still getting the same error. Anything you suggest changing in package-lock.json also, What will be those changes?

mauriciolauffer
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

Make sure you're really installing it, not just manually changing the version in the package.json file. Installing will ensure both package.json and package-lock.json are updated. Do NOT manually change version values.

npm i @sap/hdi-deploy@4.8.0
cabraldaniel
Explorer
0 Kudos

The new version 4.8.2 of the hdi-deployer has been published to NPM to fix the issue with core-util-is.

jain_mrce1989
Discoverer
0 Kudos

We got the same error again.

We have not hardcoded any version.

is there anything to be done to enforce it?

mauriciolauffer
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

Make sure you're really installing it, not just manually changing the version in the package.json file. Installing will ensure both package.json and package-lock.json are updated. Do NOT manually change version values.

npm i @sap/hdi-deploy@4.8.2