cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the role of an SAP UI5/Fiori Developer in an S/4 HANA migration

Hello everyone,

I wanted to know what should be the role of a SAP UI5/Fiori developer in the S/4 Hana migration.

In other words what should a SAP UI5 developper know or in what is a SAP UI5 developer needed in the migration ?

If a client tells his SAP UI5 Developer, we are counting on you in the migration. Is there any dokument for this case , for the developper to prepare himself ?

If the question should not be asked hier, I would be thankful if you guide me on where to ask it or where to find the answer to it.

Thanks for your Support.

Kind Regards,

Hajer Omrane.

View Entire Topic
0 Kudos

When someone says they are counting on a UI5 developer for their S4H migration that means they intend to use Fiori as the go-to user interface for their SAP customization layer. They likely have a lot of existing customizations that they are worried about migrating and need Fiori UIs to be built for all of them. However any type of Fiori code customization is a huge effort that could drag the project down and increase maintenance. The recommendation would be to instead use low-code tools with simple integrations into SAP that could give the same Fiori-like experience but without having to write all that custom ABAP and Fiori code.