cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What user rights needed for viewing Real-time job log in DS management console?

mageshwaran_subramanian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The developer who created the real-time job wants to view the job execution log from the Management Console. He was assigned the rights of Monitor Users group rights. With that, he could only view the status and logs of the real-time services but not the trace and error log of the real-time job.

How to get the developer access to the real-time job's trace and error log?. I would appreciate any input.

View Entire Topic
Julian_Riegel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Magesh,

as far as I am aware this is something that is only available to the users belonging to the Administrator Group and you are not able to manually assign this specific authorization to a monitoring user.

Taken from the DS Management Console chapter for Real-Time jobs it states:

"Use the Administrator to monitor services. With the Administrator you can do the following:

● View service status—From the Access Server Status page or the Real-Time Services Status page, view whether a service is running or not. Based on this information, you can begin troubleshooting problems.

● View service provider status—From the Real-Time Services Status page, click a service name to view:

○ The statistics for a particular service.

○ Detailed statistics about each service provider. Using this information, you can monitor and evaluate system performance.

○ The status of all service providers in that service.

● View logs—The Access Server node provides access to current and historical service provider trace and error logs."

Regards

Julian

mageshwaran_subramanian
Active Contributor

Hi Julian, Thanks for the comment. The organization policy we have restricting us from giving administrators access to developers. The workaround I'm thinking of is to provide read-only access to Data Services log folder ($LINK_DIR/log) to the developers so they can view the trace/error logs of real-time jobs.

Julian_Riegel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Magesh,

yes, this is what I would recommend aswell - either let the developer directly access the $LINK_DIR/log directory or provide a batch job/dataflow with relevant access rights to retrieve the logs within DS.

Regards,

Julian