Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHERE parameter on virtual table

SvenBoetius
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am running into problems while executing an AMDP method on virtual tables.

We have tables in a remote Oracle database. The tables are added as virtual tables in HANA and are working fine. A SQL-statement like the following returns the requested data.

tab = SELECT one, two, three      
      FROM "abc"."vt_oracle"
      WHERE one = 'xxx'

But selecting the whole table takes too long, as there will be 20 other systems which have to be queried at the same time and every table has up to 250million entries. We only need a subset of the data, so I added the method parameters x and y to the funtion to use in another WHERE clause and query the tables in smaler parts.

tab = SELECT one, two, three      
      FROM "abc"."vt_oracle"
      WHERE one = 'xxx'
        AND two BETWEEN x AND y

While in the first select statement the WHERE one = 'xxx' clause gets pushed down to the Oracle-database in the second both parts of the WHERE-clause are not pushed down and the query takes MUCH more time to execute.

It seems like parameters can't be pushed down to the remote source. Is there a way for me to work around this?

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Run a trace on the remote source and see exactly what the SQL issued there was. At the moment you're guessing the where clause isn't being passed to the remote system, but it might be something else.

SvenBoetius
Participant

I can see the executed Statement via Smart Data Access. Thats why I am sure, that WHERE is not passed.

DoanManhQuynh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

so if its not parameters but fixxed value, would it be pushed to oracle? could you try it.

SvenBoetius
Participant
0 Kudos

A fixed value gets pushed down to db.

srinivasareddym
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Sven,

Did you find the workaround on this, if yes can you please provide solution?

https://answers.sap.com/questions/13898178/sap-sdi-filter-push-down-from-virtual-table-to-ora.html

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try using cl_sql_statement constructions instead. It doesn't explain why your AMDP doesn't work, but it is certainly a more powerful/flexible/controlable option.

p244500
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
matt
Active Contributor

Couldn't even check that it was in English.

former_member184158
Active Contributor

Do u think your link is helpful and you know in which language is?