cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Tables can be used for creating Calculation View in SAP BAS - Project Explorer

RAP1705
Explorer
0 Kudos

sap-bas-storyboard-issue.jpgTeam;

Currently, I’m studying the Full Stack Application using productivity Tools in SAP BAS. The second part of this course deals with Developing a Risk management app to extend S/4Hana. By clicking the project Explorer in SAP Bas, there is a section to create SAP Calculation Views as described in the attached file. Unfortunately, I cannot select any tables even though, I can display data for this step - Consuming an External Service from SAP S/4HANA. They're the existing tables. Now the question is: this table with data cannot be selected for creating Calculation Views. I already created two tables in the Storyboard – Data Model. Which tables are expected to be used as datasources for the Calculation Views?

View Entire Topic
Ivan-Mirisola
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi rap_1705,

Are you following the instructions on this tutorial?

https://developers.sap.com/mission.hana-cloud-database-get-started.html

BAS is an Web IDE. Therefore, it deals with design-time artifacts. However, the CV Editor needs to access the Runtime Artifacts in order to be able to compose the CV. So, you need to deploy the HDI first and then let BAS know how to connect to it. That tutorial gives you detailed instructions on how to achieve just that.

Best regards,
Ivan

RAP1705
Explorer
0 Kudos

Ivan: this is the tutorial I'm following:

https://learning.sap.com/learning-journey/develop-full-stack-applications-using-productivity-tools-i....

Your explanation makes sense. Thank you for the tutorial link. Now, in relation to sourcing the tables, I know the SDI process can provide data let's say from S/4Hana on a real time. I have used this procedure previously. Is there any other way to fill in tables in SAP BAS from S/4Hana on real time?

Ivan-Mirisola
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi rap_1705,

SDI is your best option here. Some customers will have SLT which provides similar capabilities. But usually that is only found on on-premises systems.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Ivan