cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are SAP Help documentation links always broken?

AshGoyal
Participant

I am writing this question after being frustrated time and again by broken SAP Help documentation links. This has become a really big pain as this has been like this for more than 2 years! Seems like there is fundamentally something broken somewhere and there is no focus on getting this fixed.

Take for example, I wrote a big tasklist for a customer with links to SAP Help. A month later all of the links were inaccessible. No redirect to the latest version, just broken "Sorry, we couldn't find the page you are looking for"! And this was not the worst example. I have had links broken by evening, in one single day!

A simple solution could be to redirect to the latest version. In the world of cloud reliability and resilience, the worst we can do is to just show an error message with no possible further actions! (See What is Resilient Software Design on SAP BTP - https://help.sap.com/docs/BTP/eadaa45871804b4a974be865f627e791/ebd427d05d9647469b765975113c93eb.html - Hopefully this link is not broken by the time you access it)

This is a simple problem to solve if someone is focussing on it. SAP Help is critical to the functioning of SAP Community and partners and needs more love then it seems to be getting today.

View Entire Topic
SophsterM
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi there,

This issue has actually been addressed. There is now a latest version and search redirect for incorrect version links. BTW, your link worked. Here's what the redirect looks like. Hope this helps!

AshGoyal
Participant
0 Kudos

Much appreciated! Thanks a lot! 🙂