cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are we always receiving the "Missing parameter values" error?

Willington
Newcomer
0 Kudos

We are 100% sure that we are passing value for the parameter defined in the report. 

The empty report is working fine (i.e. no parameter field was defined. Just a hello world report)

We tried installing the following:  

CRRuntime_32bit_13_0_12

CRRuntime_32bit_13_0_32

CRRuntime_64bit_13_0_32

Target .Net Framework is 4.5. MVC application

Our Log:

Missing parameter values.
Missing parameter values.
at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ConvertDotNetToErom.ThrowDotNetException(Exception e)
at CrystalDecisions.ReportSource.EromReportSourceBase.ExportToStream(ExportRequestContext reqContext)
at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.FormatEngine.ExportToStream(ExportRequestContext reqContext)
at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.FormatEngine.Export(ExportRequestContext reqContext)
at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.ExportToDisk(ExportFormatType formatType, String fileName)
at KWESG.CCI.Web.Client.Helper.CommonModule.ProcessReport(String json, String serverPath) in C:\P

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I added the tag "SAP Crystal Reports, version for Visual Studio" to your question. This is the correct tag to use when asking questions about using the .NET SDK. See https://community.sap.com/t5/technology-blogs-by-members/using-sap-crystal-reports-tags/ba-p/1355931... for more information about how to use the Crystal tags.
View Entire Topic
DonWilliams
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Firstly don't mix versions and always use the latest, see this blog I wrote on upgrading your project:

Upgrading a Visual Studio 2008->2022 .NET project with the latest CR .NET SDK packages

Note: CR for VS now only supports 4.6, 4.7 or 4.7 framework.

See the platforms support:

SAP Crystal Reports for Visual Studio Supported Platforms

And for all the info go here:

https://help.sap.com/docs/SUPPORT_CONTENT/crystalreports/3354091173.html

I wrote a sample Parameter test app also:

how-to-parameters-in-crystal-reports-for-visual-studio-net

Note, if your data source is a Stored Procedure or Command you need to see the Parameter values before logging onto the DB.

Sample above shows you how I do this.

Export Testing, test it from the Viewer first to confirm what you are setting does work.

If you don't try to set log on info or parameters the Viewer will prompt you for all info, if DB fails then the Client is missing.