Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why I should use SAP BW Bridge?

mateusz_mikulski
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are running BW4/HANA 2021 with SAP Analytics Cloud as the main frontend (BW4 live). We consider to start using SAP Datasphere as well.

What is the reason to use BW Bridge instead on pure SAP Datasphere?

I can use BW Model Transfer to start using my BW4/HANA artefacts. I can see some BW4 objects as a remote table in Datasphere. What I can gain by introducing BW Bridge (last option)?

I understand option 3 (SAP Datasphere with SAP BW/4HANA hybrid) and option 4 (SAP Datasphere with SAP BW bridge), but why run both, BW4/HANA and BW Bridge in the same time (option 5)?

View Entire Topic
DenizOsoy
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Mateusz,

if customers have extensive ODP S-API extractors in use, the recommendation here is clearly to connect them to the SAP BW bridge environment. Most ODP S-API extractors cannot be connected to SAP Datasphere Core using the delta procedure.

Best regards,
Deniz

mateusz_mikulski
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks.

But I can keep all extractors connected to BW/4HANA, and one day, connect everything to Datasphere. So what is the point of using BW4 and Bridge?

arvshar2
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Deniz, still not clear regarding the existence of SAP BW Bridge in architecture, when we can connect directly to source, other than moving BW stuff to cloud.