Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 2012 R2 Web Application Proxy and SAP

JMorozowski
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is anyone using Windows 2012 R2 Web Application Proxy as a reverse proxy for SAP applications?  My company has decided to use the Win2k12 R2 WAP as our standard reverse proxy application.  We have previously used Microsoft ISA with SAP applications with great success.  I've been trying to set up the WAP for use with SAP Netweaver and am running into a problem where the external session identifier is getting lost when calling an ABAP Webdynpro.  I've disable all of the URL translation in the WAP since the URLs are identical internally and externally.  Has anyone run into a similar situation?  The exact error is /SCF/SNC_C;SAP-EXT-SID=<SID> does note exist.

I can open up /SCF/SNC_C through the WAP without an error.  It seems like my session is being lost or reset somehow.

EDIT:   I want to add that I'm having a similar problem accessing the PCD in a Netweaver 7.31 portal, but I can access the PCD in a Netweaver 7.01 portal with out a problem.

Regards,

Jon

View Entire Topic
cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

I didn't try it yet, but I would like to suggest a few tests.

Maybe you can use Fiddler to record the traffic before reaching WAP and see the results after it "touches" the information?

Is there any WAP trace that can show the actual content received/transmitted, like ICM trace level 3?

I'll try to get my hands on a Windows 2012 R2 with WAP, so I can test the behavior too.

Kind regards,

Cris

JMorozowski
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Cristiano,

I should have updated my post.  I was actually able to get it to work.  I applied the Microsoft hotfixes below and my problem was resolved.  I also disabled URL request and response translation as well as disabling HTTP only cookie protection.

• 3042127 "HTTP 400 - Bad Request" error when you open a shared mailbox through WAP in Windows Server 2012 R2
  • 3042121 AD FS token replay protection for Web Application Proxy authentication tokens in Windows Server 2012 R2
  • 3020813 You are prompted for authentication when you run a web application in Windows Server 2012 R2 AD FS
  • 3025080 Operation fails when you try to save an Office file through Web Application Proxy in Windows Server 2012 R2

Regards,

Jon

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Thanks Jon for sharing the solution.

Regards,

Cris