Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Workflow Pending' - Verify General Journal Entry

Aldin_Mick_Anos
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am creating simple workflow for Verify General Journal Entry. Following are the steps done:

1. I created and activated a group through Manage Teams and Responsibility For Journal Entry Verification

a. Responsibility Definitions = none set-up

b. Team Owner = Myself

c. Team Members = Added two under Group 1 for Verifying G/L Journal Entries

c.i Both with assigned role G/L Accountant

2. I then moved on in setting up workflow through Manage Workflows for Journal Entry in General Ledger

a. Here I created and activated two simple workflows.

Workflow 1 (order 1) with start condition - Company Code = 'CC01'

Step 1 - Verify All Journals

Assigned recipients are those in Group 1 (created in Manage Teams and Responsibility) for Verifying G/L Journal Entries

Step 2 - Post Journals

Workflow 2 (order 2) without start condition to make sure that if Workflow 1 condition fails, it goes to this workflow.

Step 1 - Verify All Journals

Assigned recipients are those in Group 1 (created in Manage Teams and Responsibility) for Verifying G/L Journal Entries

Step 2 - Post Journals

3. Lastly I created a general journal through Verify General Journal Entries - For Requester.

a. I noticed that the status still remains in Workflow Pending.

b. I noticed that the workflow ID is '000000000000'.

According to one blog, there may be a problem in the workflow setup if the status is Workflow Pending. I have read several articles about setting up the workflow and followed the instructions but I still have this problem. Also, I checked two apps, Workflows in Status Error, and Workflows with Issues but nothing is in there although when I checked in Workflow Content Translation, just to see if I can find items in there, I see the items and timestamps created for scenario WS02800046.

It might be helpful to mention that I am also having the same problem with other workflows, for example Purchase Requisition and Purchase Order. I'm thinking if I resolved this problem, I will be able to apply the same steps to other workflows.

Looking forward to your assistance.

Thank you.

Regards,

Aldin

View Entire Topic
Aldin_Mick_Anos
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would like to provide update.

My problem has been resolved. I raised an incident under component BC-CCM-BTC and I was informed that the problem was due to a table inconsistency and they corrected it. WFs are now working as expected. I am now closing this thread.

Thanks a lot for your support.

Regards,

Aldin

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi Aldin
ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi Aldin, can you please share the siolution provided by SAP, which table and what entry did they propose to delete.. I am facing the same issue