Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow Service Task Destination Configuration

ravenclaw
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As part of project work, we have developed some JAVA based API endpoints that are deployed into CF. Now we have a workflow definition that needs to call this API end-points. In order to do so we have created a Service Task and I have a question on the "Destination" parameter. I am generally aware that the Destination can be configured at the sub-account level under Connectivity where we define all its properties and the end-point URL.

Instead of doing the configuration at the sub-account level, can we do that at the account level by creating an instance of the "Destination" service??

If yes, how do we define the properties and the end-point URL at the Account level?

Is it via the configuration parameter file??

Also which is the SAP recommended approach sub-account or account level??

Cheers,

Tanmoy

Ashok_KumarM
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Tanmoy,

Destinations are always at the subaccount level. I'm not sure what you mean by 'Also which is the SAP recommended approach sub-account or account level?'.

Once you deploy your Java app in CF space, you can maintain a destination at subaccount level and use the destination name in service task definition.

Best Regards,

Ashok.

ravenclaw
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Ashok. There is an option to create a service instance of type "Destination" in the Service Marketplace. What is that used for? I did not mean to say at the Account level but it is actually at the Service Instance level. Please take a look at -

https://blogs.sap.com/2018/10/08/using-the-destination-service-in-the-cloud-foundry-environment/

https://help.sap.com/viewer/cca91383641e40ffbe03bdc78f00f681/Cloud/en-US/83a3f3b9cd314618aba651044ed...

Cheers,

Tanmoy

haraldschubert
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Tanmoy,

Workflow today has no access to destinations you maintain on destination service instance level. It can only read sub-account level destinations.

Cheers,

Harald

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Archana
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Tanmoy,

Workflow service tasks supports destination created at sub-account level. See the documentation

Answers (0)