Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XCELSIUS Export to Powerpoint does open an empty PPT-Screen

HeikoGottwald
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi colleagues,

while exporting a dashboard from XCELSIUS 2008 into Powerpoint, the MS Powerpoint program starts, but without a blank page / presentation. I know about the new security settings by Adobe , but there is nothing to play etc. ...

Could you please help how to set up the corect export?

I have Windows XP and Office 2003 SP2

Thanks for your help in advance,

Regards, Heiko

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Heiko

To play a powerpoint when screen is blank

you must run "slide show" (F5).

When the blank screen appears in slide show mode ,

pressright mouse and select play and your powerpoint will appear

this fix works for windows xp and vista, various versions of office.

hope this helps

Sara

HeikoGottwald
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

thanks for your quick answer! The problem is that XCELSIUS does not create a Powerpoint -sheet.Powerpoint itself is empty, I even cannot go to the presentation mode. When I create a new sheet by using the NEW - button and try to export XCELSIUS again, nothing happens again ...

Do I have to enter some settings within XCELSIUS or probably within Powerpoint? I already activated low security and trust all visual basic content.

Thanks again,

Best Regards, Heiko

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heiko

This is what I do in xcelsius 2008 to get a powerpoint to run, hope this helps.

I didnt change any settings in xcelsius 2008 or powerpoint.

In xcelsius when i finish my dashboard, i just press the export to powerpoint button on the toolbar.

powerpoint opens up as a blank screen (usually file reference tmp various numbers . ppt)

It looks as if screen is empty and i just press F5

the security questions appear - eg enable content

my screen still looks blank as if the file is empty and nothing has been exported

then when I press right mouse in slide show mode

i can press play and the presentation runs with my xcelsius dashboard.

When i am finished I can see the powerpoint and save it, but when i re-run it later I have to do the same process again.

I think it is due to a flash error - this didn't do this is 4.5

hope my info helps

Sara

HeikoGottwald
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hey Sara,

again, many many thanks for your quick reply! I think that´s the way it goes as you described (and I wanted to see) ... but, basically, when I press the "export" button within XCELSIUS, Powerpoints starts, but does not open a blank page. It´s just grey, without blank presentation file and I can´t do anything (as no page/blank screen is shown).

I suppose there might be a programm error as Powerpoints starts without a blank screen.

Thanks again for your support!

Best Regards, Heiko

Former Member
0 Kudos

Heiko,

I am experiencing the exact same thing - nothing shows in PowerPoint so you can not even select Slideshow. The only workaround I have found is to export as a flash (under the File menu). I am waiting for the SP to be released and sure hope it fixes this and many other issues I am having with this version (Xcelsius 2008).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have heard that this workaround may help if you get the grey slide when you export to PowerPoint.

Can you let us know if the workaround helps or not.

When you want to export to PowerPoint then do not launch Xcelsius 2008 from the shortcut icon on the desktop or start menu.

Instead, run the main executable, located at the following path: C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Xcelsius\Xcelsius.exe

Then re-publish to PowerPoint and the model should then embed in the slide, you may still then have to go into slideshow-mode, right-click and choose play...

Regards,

Matt

HeikoGottwald
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

this workaround was very helpful, by executing C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Xcelsius\Xcelsius.exe and exporting the file to ppt, PowerPoint started and provided with a full working slide.

Thanks a lot for your hint!

Best Regards, Heiko

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, your workaround did work. I had to open the full view screen first and when I went back, the graphic was there. Thanks so much. Have to have this done by tomorrow, phew!

Celeste

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Matt

Many many thanks. your tip definitively surveyed me.

Best regards!