Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refreshing Oauth token automatically in Mail Sender Adapter for Office365

xavisanse
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi colleagues,

As you know with the changes in Azure avoiding to grant access to some APIs for their services using BasicAuth, SAP PO/PI had to add the feature to allow oauth authentication for mail adapter.

I haven't had big problems to do it in various instalations, but the issue, the BIG ISSUE, is caching the token. Everytime that the services are restarted, for example a test server that is on cloud and has a start/stop daily scheduling or the token expires, someone has to connect to the url with o365 credentials and do the magic.

I reviewed the notes several times looking for anything that maybe I skipped but what I just found is that: https://me.sap.com/notes/3021526

- Once the refresh token gets expired then, please execute the standard URL(used for fetching new refresh/access token) again with required credentials.

Every few weeks customers has to do it, again and again and again how we can deal with it? I missed some configuration?

TimVDB92
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Xavier, any news about this? We are facing the same issues. Kr, Tim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

xavisanse
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Oscar, sorry for my delay in your answer, i was on holidays during your answer and checked on phone 🙂 seems that this note is for the call to check the token thru proxy.

But, seems that in SP28 they will be implementing a new way to deal with it as shown in Release Notes NW7.5 SP28

SAP OSS Note 3321222 The mail adapter now uses a new URL for generating refresh tokens for OAuth authentication.

ONavas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Xavier,

I think Note https://me.sap.com/notes/3363528 can be the solution for token refresh in mail adapter. I need to check because I have the same issue in some customer (manually retrieve the token).

3363528 Proxy support during token generation in Mail Adapter Sender, downport of proxy feature during mail processing

xavisanse
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tim not atm.