cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove / Hide standard right click menu option in Web Dynpro ABAP application

vibhor_bhatnagar
Participant
0 Kudos

I would like to remove the standard context menu options that appears in all my Web Dynpro applications. This menu has basically three options:

- Display Quick Help

- More Field Help

- Technical Help

I want to remove the third option i.e.'Technical Help'. Also if , I do not want any context menu in my application. Is that possible?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Vibhor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vibhor,

As mentioned by Krishna you can use the parameter to hide the personalization links from the context menu.

But you cant hide the context menu completely.

2 options will be there:

- Show/hide quick help

- More field help

Hope this helps you.

-Manish

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

simon_hoeg
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Vibhor,

I think this feature (i.e. the WDA Technical Help) is related to authorization object S_DEVELOP (ABAP Workbench), ACTVT=03 (Display) and OBJTYPE=DEBUG (Debugging).

Best regards,

Simon

former_member206441
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vibhor,

To hide

- Display Quick Help

- More Field Help

- Technical Help

you can reach to Security guy he can do it for you. Actually it can be disabled by changing the roles/aothorisation maintained and allocated by them to users.

Thanks & Regards

Arun.K.P

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have a requirement to enable - Technical Help option on portal.Can you please let me know how to enable this option on portal.Is there any additional authorization that needs to be added in backend role?

Regards ,

Navya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Navya,

Have the same requirement. Were You able to enable "technical help" option. If yes, please share.

Regards

Kris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vibhor,

In Application Parameters set parameter 'WDDISABLEUSERPERSONALIZATION' to 'X'. Personalization will deactivate for that application.

Also check this...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/46/98ce61f37d19ace10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

Cheers,

Kris.

vibhor_bhatnagar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna

Thanks you for the suggestion.

I did as u suggested ,but to no avail ,on right clicking on the applications I can still see the context menu with all three options.

Regards

Vibhor