cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAC Edit planning version

0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a question regarding input in planning versions. In some stories, I manage to edit / input data easily without having to "Start Edit mode", and in some others not. In other words, in some tables I can input figures without "Start edit mode" and in some others not.

start-edit-mode-sac.png

We're talking same model different tables, or different models different tables.

What is the driver of this difference?

I checked below :

- Planning enabled in both cases

- All cells as default (not read-only nor editable via Styling rule)

- Data locking enabled, but everything opened.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Phany

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Hi Phany,

you'll have this issue if you have any advanced filters or any cross calculations in the story.

You can check reason for unplannable data, click on three dots on right top of story and navigate to show/hide--> click on reason for unplannable data. Once you enable this you can hover on to the cell and see the reason why planning is not enabled.

Regards,

Pavan

0 Kudos

Hi, could have been that indeed. But it's not activated either :

0 Kudos

Please check if data access control is enabled on Version Dimension. If so, please add your username in Read and Write columns of planning versions.

0 Kudos

Hi Pavan, thanks a lot for the feedback the "Reason for unplannable" is very useful.

On my table, it seems like an access issue, however I do have Admin rights and my model doesnt have any Security functionality enabled. Also I can edit my Actual figures. Issue only applies to public planning versions. Would you know what's the root cause here ?

Regards,

Phany