Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAC Planning model Acquired connection to BPC Standard

PrathameshA
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have BPC Standard 10 and SAC tenant 2022.2.7 (us10) in the landscape.

Implementing use cases for OPEX Planning in SAC Planning on top of BPC Standard model.

While using Acquired Data Connection (with OR without writeback option) , I am able to see data imported and loaded in SAC Planning model.

However, the data is not retrieved in Story, error on Account dimension is "Maximum call stack size exceeded".

See attached screen pictures:

error-on-account-dim.png

sap-bpc-acquired-connection.png

no-data-in-sac-story.png

I want to use Acquired Data Connection to allow planner to input master data elements, manage security of Controller and Planner using DAC, allow Controller to create own Forecast versions in SAC, analyze Delta of Actuals, Budget, Forecast and Rolling Forecast etc.

Fetching smaller chunks of data from BPC by applying filters on Account, Time and Category did not help.

Please advise if there is any configuration, heap size etc. that I am missing in SAC.

Thanks,

Prathamesh Acharya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

William_Yu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi paacharya

Please create a ticket to SAP on the first error you attached in the member selector on account dimension.

Do you face same error in member selector of other dimensions?

Looking at your third screenshot, I assume the data is already brought to the table, it only show '/' on top nodes of account dimension because it can't just aggregate due to different account types/data types of children nodes, can you see the data if you manually expand the nodes on account hierarchy?

Best regards, William

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

PrathameshA
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi william.yu

Thank you for checking.

I will raise ticket with SAP for the error.

Unable to test members selectors from other dimension, due to limited / no data for those.

You are right, data is seen in child nodes but not aggregated at parent. Looks like child nodes need to have same unit, currency, account type etc. that of parent nodes.

See attached screenpic:

data-in-child-nodes.png

cells-showing-blank-with-symbol.png

Question please : If Account Types of Parent and Child are not same, does it mean that user will never see rolled-up aggregate number at parent level ? However this situation does not arise while working with BPC Live connection

William_Yu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi paacharya,

Regarding the aggregation on accounts, do you have currency conversion switched on for this model? If yes, is the 'Signed data' measure used in the story is showing 'Local currency' value based on currency bearing dimension like Entity? If yes, can you pull entity dimension into the row/column axis and see there is value displayed?

Best regards, William