cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SALT: Replicating Data to Other Databases (SAP Hana to Oracle) - It's possible?

0 Kudos

I am trying to replicate data from Hana to Oracle, but when creating the configuration, in the source I have selected Hana and the target only shows me RFC options. What steps should I do to replicate data from Hana for Oracle?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TuncayKaraca
Active Contributor

Hi Isaias,

The target system during configuration should have DB Connection option as well. But I think first you need to use DBCO transaction code in SLT and create the Oracle connection.

Reference: Replicating Data to Other Databases Creating Configuration

Thanks,
Tuncay Karaca

0 Kudos

Thanks Tuncay, but this article only talks about replicating between SAP base ABAP like ECC and I need to replicate HANA to Oracle

TuncayKaraca
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Isaias, I think you are able to select HANA as source and I understand DBCO connection should be maintained first to choose Oracle (non-SAP database) as a target. I think after maintaining Oracle connection on DBCO then you should be able to see options other than RFC in target configuration.

0 Kudos

Hi Tuncay, I would believe the same. I made a connection to Hana and I made another to Oracle, both through DBCO, but when trying to configure Hana as "source" I don't have the option to set Oracle as "target". I only have options for SAP ABAP (RFC).

TuncayKaraca
Active Contributor

Hi Isaias, got you! I've found this SAP KBA 2285078 - SLT target system dropdown disabled when creating new Configuration - SAP Landscap...

So it seems there is parameter needs to be set for non-SAP targets. Check it out...

Resolution

1. Log into the SLT system
  2. Go to transaction SE16
  3. Type in table 'DMC_RT_PARAMS'
  4. Change the following entry:
    PARAM_NAME = 'REPL_ENABLE_OTHER_TARGET'
    PARAM_VALUE = 'X'
  5. Click Save

Also look into SLT – Data Replication from SAP to Non-HANA by lingarajkumar.nadagoudara for more settings.

Hi Tuncay, I have performed the steps indicated in SAP note 2285078 and now in SLT I can see the options available to replicate from Hana to Oracle and other database systems.

Thanks for your help.

TuncayKaraca
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's great, good news, Isaias! Appreciate if you "Accept" the answer -related comments- Refence: Ask and Answer Questions on SAP Community

Answers (0)