Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Analytics Cloud Agent for a Trial account

former_member620231
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to create a dataset using a live connection to SAP BW in my SAC Trial account which should be supported.

I have made the configurations needed for CORS and the connection is successfully created. I can see the requests to the SAP system in company's network successfully made in the developers console.

When I select the SAP BW data source for a new dataset, I get the following error.

I have installed on the server everything needed as per the documentation (Tomcat 9, SAP JCo, SAP Analytics Cloud Agent, SAP Cloud Connector).

I can see the SAC Agent version when using the tomcat manager so it's working.

The Cloud Connector is linked with the Cloud Platform account and the destination is successfully created and checked.

I am blocked in the below step.

Configuring SAP Analytics Cloud Agent

Since my SAC account is trial, I cannot access System > Administration.

Is there something else I can do to make the connection work?

Thank you,

Alex Necula

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

AnnaBurkhardt
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Alex,

As a live connection does not require a cloud agent I would guess that you have to select something other than "BW data source" when creating a new data set. Is there an alternative called live or remote connection?

I think the issue is in that step as the error message seems to refer to an import connection. It would help if you attached a screenshot to evaluate further.

Best

Anna

former_member620231
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anna,

Thank you for the response!

You are right, I was using the SAP BW from the Acquire Data section. It seems that with datasets I cannot select SAP BW live connection.

When trying to create a model however, it lets me use the connection I was looking for.

Is there a way to use live SAP BW for datasets?

Also, is it possible to use an import connection for an On-Premise system on SAC Trial? I couldn't find an exact information related to this. I see that it support SAP S/4 HANA (which we do have) but it looks like only a cloud system would work.

Thank you,

Alex

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

AnnaBurkhardt
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Alex,

you can find the scope of the trial here: https://saphanajourney.com/sap-analytics-cloud/trial/

As far as I am aware on-premise import is not supported.

And from looking at a productive system, BW live connectivity is not supported for data sets unfortunately.

Best

Anna