cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BTP: Failure reason: "An error of type UnknownHost occurred during check connection!"

Dmnc
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Community,

we want to connect SAP BTP to an S/4 Hana Cloud system.

We created the communication arrangement and checked via postman if the API is working. Via Postman we receive a positive feedback by usage of our communication user.

However, if we want to create the destination service on BTP subaccount level and do a connectivity check we receive the following message:

"An error of type UnknownHost occurred during check connection!"

While searching for answers and KBA's I found only one KBA that is not helping as it describes the solution for OnPrem systems.

We can also retrieve the data if we define a destination service directly in the code.

Could you please support?

Many thanks in advance and best regards,

Dominic

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

dvankempen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Dominic,

The [Check Connection] button does not apply to an OAuth2SAMLBearerAssertion destination type.

For more information about BTP - S/4HANA integration, see

Dmnc
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Denys,

many thanks for your quick answer and help!

However, we used basic authentication and received the error message. Could it be that the button does not work for this scenario as well? Meaning that the only valid test is to consume the destination in the service we developed and see what happens?

Thank you and best regards,

Dominic

dvankempen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

For the OAuth2SAMLBearerAssertion, the only way to test is to consume; for this a tutorial is included

It could be that this applies to your destination as well.

There is a lot of development in this area and we might see test buttons or one-click integrations in the future (my guess; no official statement).

Dmnc
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Denys,

we did some test with two different systems.

One system has a URL like this: https://myXXXXX.s4hana.ondemand.com

The second one like this: https:/XXXXXX-api.XXXXX.corp

We deployed our app and tested by consuming the destination service.

For the first one everything works perfectly fine. For the second one we receive the same error message "error of unknown host" in the logs.

Do you have any ideas what the issue could be? Has BTP / destination service an issue with the .corp url?

I tested the API's we consume in our app with postman and directly in the browser without beeing logged on to the corporate network (VPN). I have no problem to access it.

Thanks a lot and best regards,

Dominic

dvankempen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Dominic,

If not mistaken, *.corp domains are used by SAP on the intranet only and they are not publicly resolved.

However, if there are accessible using Postman without VPN connection, some other issue is at stake. You might want to ask IT first about when and how corp domains can be used.