cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BTP More than one Metadata extension for Projection

0 Kudos

First of all I am using a Free Tier BTP provided by AWS.

I, am working on a scenario where I want to use projection for two different roles. One role is Bidder and another is Clerk. The bidder who is outside the organization gets notification of the bid and should be able to make changes based on Bid information whereas clerk should have authorization to select and do administrative tasks from standpoint of organization.

How best to do such a scenario . Do we use the same projection view with metadata extension. What about Behaviour implementation in case we have ability to choose different metadata extension? Is there ability to call different metadata extension or different projection from the same behaviour definition or projection ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

volkerdrees
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hello,

I assume both roles (bidder + clerk) should see a quite different application with different fields and capabilities. In this case you should build two Projections on top of the Base RAP BO, resulting in two different OData services that you can individually assign/expose to the related role.

Best Regards, Volker

0 Kudos

Thanks for quick reply Volker. I have another question though.

My Root is requisition document on which my BO and BO Projection is based. The bid entity view is created as a composition child of root and has a projection view which also appears as association for requisition in the BO.

I have now created a new duplicate projection view for Bidder based on same bid entity view .

My question is where will the new projection view adjusted in BO projection since we cannot have more than one BO projection for a given BO. Do I need to create a BO Projection extension and then define behaviour for new projection view inside of that BO extension.

volkerdrees
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi, not sure if I understand the 2nd question correctly.

But you can define as many BO Projections (Projection Views + Projection BDEF) on top of a base BO, as you want. This is a classical scenario if you want to cater the need for different roles.

Best Regard, Volker