cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP CAP - OVP, Issues on oData V4 Filters

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to get a OVP application using oData V4.

I was able to generate the Charts based on the Template "sap.ovp.cards.v4...". However filters are not working as expected. When I try filtering a value, there is no batch call.

I used the working v2 OVP repo from Gregor Wolf and forked the same to create a V4 App on the same annotations used in V2.

Commit - https://github.com/gregorwolf/sap-support-message-reporting/commit/3111b2c46ddb53651bf00d951d333a908...

OVP v4

OVP v2

Can you please let me know if I am missing something.

Thanks,

Dinesh

0 Kudos

gregorw - Request your advice as well on this

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you seen my question Analytical List Page fails with Error: adding element with duplicate id for OData V4 endpoint. I'm trying to solve the same issue there.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

gregorw - Thanks. Will check this.

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check the branch AnalyticalListPage #302 it seems to have all the requested features:

gregorw
Active Contributor

Sorry, its an ALP not an OVP. But maybe you get some inspiration.

carlonnheim
Participant

Hi,

Thanks for sharing these samples gregorw. I did some tracing to compare these concluding that:

• The ALP app you have working is running UI version 1.102.1. The not working OVP is running on version 1.106.0
  • There seems to have been a shift of components toward using the FilterBarAPI on both floorplans between version 1.104 and 1.106 (I cannot seem to run the OVP at all in 1.105 for some reason).
  • Both floorplans apply the filters as expected up to version 1.104, at 1.106 the ALP is still working but the OVP is not.
  • The deviating point between the two seems to be which search event the handlers are attached to. The ALP has its handlers attached to the "internalSearch" event whereas the OVP is attached to the "search" event. See below screenshots

In the OVP the event handling is like this

In the ALP the event handling is like this

You can also see in the screenshots that the "conditions" (which are later used to apply the filters) are passed along to the "InternalSearch" event only. I am guessing the "internalFilterChanged" mapping is the root cause behind the graying out of the detail area is not working for the OVP either, but have not checked further.

Hoping somebody from SAP can pick this up and provide a solution - it is a great step forward to be able to use these floorplans with oData v4! Tagging maheeth7 who has been supporting with the other topic mentioned above, guessing you can help here too?

Thanks all!

//Carl