cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP CI TPM - Define encoding per partner / Encoding issues in IDoc

philippeaddor
Active Participant

I am looking for a way to define the encoding of the EDI message sent by a partner when using Trading Partner Management in Cloud Integration. It seems to only accept UTF-8, not. e.g. ISO 8859-1

Even when the partner sends a message in UTF-8, but it contains special characters, the IDoc on the other side arrives in the SAP backend with wrong encoding (wrong special characters). Are we overlooking something?

Is maybe custom pre/post-processing IFlows the way to go here?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

philippeaddor
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have created a customer influence request for this, please vote it up: https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/#/idea/299487

philippeaddor
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I think I found it out: I see that the issue lies in the Step 2 IFlow. The EDI splitter is configured for UTF-8, the later EDI/XML converter however to ISO. Also, there seems to be a bug in the Converter step. When I copied the IFlow in order to modify the converter setting, the change didn't have any effect for our EDIFACT messages. I found out that we have to change the setting on the X.12 tab to UTF-8 as well in order to affect EDIFACT conversions...

Since the encoding can differ from partner to partner, a configuration in the TPM and then dynamic behavioral of the IFlow (via different paths since the adapter settings are not parameterizable) would be necessary. Hope SAP can fix this gap asap so that we can avoid doing custom implementations that replace the standard flows.