Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Cloud ALM - Granular Authorization to Scopes

IliasPap
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We have configured our Integration Suite Cloud Integration service in the SAP Cloud ALM. The integration monitoring works as expected. But we want to provide access in the CALM to business users from different areas and allow them to monitor messages under their area of responsibility.  The integration flows in the cloud integration are grouped in packages per business area.

In the Cloud ALM, in the integration and exception monitoring configuration, i can add business services within cloud integration service and filter by integration package. This is also working as expected.

My question is if i can limit the scope selection to specific business services based on authorizations. I can only assign the 'ops_im_IntegrationOwner' role to the business users, having no other control on that. I'm missing anything? Is there any way to achieve the above?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

IngoPfeiffer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi @IliasPap 

To my current knowledge the role collections in Cloud ALM do not offer what you’re looking for. 

To my understanding the scenario you describe can be achieved by

• First, adding business users via the notification app as notification receivers
  • Second, creating events matching your different packages. If you need to go more granular for event definition you might in your IS-side IFlows add additional info into custom header fields that then are pushed into Cloud ALM. 
  • Third, defining notification methods by which the business user gets informed, e.g. email, MS-teams channel or IT-ticketing tool integration. 

You still might need to check which monitoring data from what is available in Cloud ALM is (able to be) transferred in the notification and needed for the business user to understand the case. In most cases they might be fine without a direct access to Cloud ALM.

Cheers - Ingo 

IliasPap
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Ingo,

Thanks for your reply.

Not exactly what i was looking for but surely can be an alternative.